QAED’s Material Development Wing is mandated with a task to develop support material for professional development of teachers and managers. The wing develops training scheme of studies (curricula) and training materials i.e. teachers’ guides, lesson plans, training manuals / modules and trainers’ guidebooks. It also develops tools for the training assessment in the form of pre, mid and post-training tests. It has a history to provide updated and immaculate materials to the trainers and trainees.
The Material Development Wing is responsible for:
- Planning, conducting and analyzing the training needs assessments.
- Development of on-job training curricula highlighting the aims, objectives and content areas.
- Establishing the training dynamics i.e. %age of interactive direct input, hands-on experience and activities, group work, and discussions.
- Designing and development of training and support material in the form of unit plans, lesson plans, modules of concepts and techniques, teaching aids etc.
- Development of pre, mid, and post-tests according to training scheme of studies.
- Collecting and analyzing the feedback regarding the usefulness of training and support material.
- Developing the Early Childhood Education Resource Centers.
- Developing the instructional videos of Science, English and Mathematics for Primary School Teachers.
- Selection and purchase of books, journals, magazines etc. for updating the QAED Library.